JOB TITLE: Process Technician
DEPARTMENT: Production – Eatontown
REPORT TO: Molding Manager
DATE: February 23, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for setting up, changing over, troubleshooting and documenting process problems associated with plastic injection molding as well as related equipment (robots, conveyors, scales, grinders, blenders etc.).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs start-ups on all mold changes.
- Addresses defect notices and makes appropriate process changes.
- Troubleshoots machines and process problems.
- Monitors and documents production processes.
- Communicates problems effectively to Molding Manager, Production Supervisor, Maintenance Department and Tool room Personnel and other shifts.
- Corrects and prevents unsafe conditions.
- Changes nozzles, nozzle tips, nozzle heater bands, etc. as needed.
- Maintains housekeeping of machines and molding rooms.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Cleans, changes and sets up auxiliary equipment and mold as needed.
- Must have a minimum of three years of experience in injection molding with a minimum of 3 years of processing experience.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED. Associates Degree in Plastics preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English in order to communicate and understand relevant information relating to quality and production issues.
- Must possess basic math skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work effectively, communicate with others verbally and in writing and be willing to work as a member of a team.
- Must have basic PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel. SAP experience preferred.
- Must be able to generate 160 foot pounds of torque on mold clamp bolts using a 24” torque wrench.
- Must be able to safely work around molding machines.
- Must be able to hear warning signals and verbal alerts to avoid injury during manufacturing process.
- Must be able to lift load up to 65 pounds from floor level to above the waist.
- Must be able to reach operator’s station and CRT control panel from standing position - approximately 5 ft.
- Must have good visual acuity and the ability to detect visual changes in plastic under a microscope.
- Must be able to discern shades of color and color differences relating to component parts used in the manufacturing process.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.
- Must be willing and able to perform all Molding Technician and Stock handler job duties.